STEP #7: ORGANIZE & PREPARE
We're ready now to organize and prepare for your homeschooling adventure.
We'll start with a list of ingredients for homeschool success.
Then, we'll offer tips to help you get organized,
questions to direct your management decisions,
and suggestions to help your homeschooling go smoothly.
Ingredients for HomeSchool SUCCESS:
- A willing and hopeful attitude
- A sense of humor
- Discipline and commitment to success
- Connection and encouragement
- Resistance to comparing your homeschool and/or your children to others'
- Rejection of the false expectation that homeschooling brings perfect results in every circumstance
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Family unity and aligned goals
- Well-ordered priorities
Homeschool Organization Tips
Managing Your Home School
- Mom? Dad? Both?
- Outside tutors or teachers?
- Cooperative group teaching?
- Does your child need a lot of assistance and direction?
- Does your child need a quiet location with few distractions?
- Every family has a unique level that works best.
- No matter how scheduled or relaxed you are, you'll find daily established routines are helpful tools.
Preparing & Planning for Your Homeschool
© Homeschool Iowa & Julie Naberhaus adapted from "The ABC's of Homeschooling in Iowa" by Julie Naberhaus
The habits of the child produce the character of the man.
~ Charlotte Mason