Homeschool Iowa Graduation
May 6, 2023
Nettleton Center, Faith Baptist Bible College
1900 NW 4th Street, Ankeny, Iowa
CEREMONY REHEARSAL & PHOTOGRAPHS
CEREMONIES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Enjoy this slide show of photos from a previous Graduation service.
2022 Graduation Speaker
Dr. Oppman’s philosophy of education begins with the principle that “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,” and he is thankful to have received a godly educational foundation during his 13 years of home education. He believes education is about equipping students for life, and that equipping will look different for students based on their gifts, talents, and interests.
He is currently the Headmaster at Two Rivers Classical Academy where he also teaches a course in Literature, History, and Theology. It is his goal to help challenge all of his students to achieve their God-given potential. He believes young people have big questions and is confident that they can handle deep answers.
Dr. Oppman was homeschooled K-12th grade and went on to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, a Master’s degree in History, and a Doctorate of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Bob Jones University. His doctoral dissertation focused on the area of Biblical worldview in young adults who were active in the public policy arena.
He comes to TRCA after spending eight years working in the field of public policy, at both national and state levels. Dr. Oppman serves as an adjunct college professor at Faith Baptist Bible College and is a guest speaker at a range of classes, conferences, and seminars.
Dr. Oppman is a native of Iowa, and in his spare time he enjoys cheering for his favorite sports teams, fishing and hunting, being involved with his church, teaching and playing with his children, and spending time with his wife Joy.
Please note these important details about our graduation:
- Homeschool Iowa does not certify the diplomas awarded., but does provide a beautiful graduation ceremony to commemorate this momentous event.
- A printed diploma with case, graduation gown, cap, and tassel are part of the ceremony, and these items are ordered directly from our supplier, using a link provided in our graduation registration.
- Graduates may wear cap &/or gowns from previous Homeschool Iowa Graduation services.
- The service is designed to allow each graduate to receive from his/her parents a provided diploma while our narrators read special comments submitted by the graduate's parents.
The Homeschool Iowa graduation ceremonies are open to all families with a current calendar year Homeschool Iowa membership who adhere to our participation guidelines.
The Homeschool Iowa Board reserves the right to accept or reject any applicant for participation.
2023 Homeschool Iowa Graduation PARTICIPANTS Must:
- Be a child of a parent or parents with a 2023 calendar year Homeschool Iowa membership.
- Verify that the participant has been homeschooled for at least the 2022/23 school year.
- Confirm that the participant believes in Christ for his/her salvation or has received Christian training,
- Affirm that the participant and family/friends attending agree to respect & honor the ceremony's Christian emphasis.
- Complete the 2023 Graduation participation form and graduation supply order form with payment by the registration deadline.
- Submit additional program and ceremony items as requested by the graduation committee.
- Agree to attend the graduation rehearsal on the day of the graduation service.
- Agree to adhere to outlined appearance and deportment standards
Questions about our 2023 Graduation?